Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” is a beloved holiday movie that always begs the question, is it a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie? Now, you can debate that while snacking on a character from the film: Zero. Except he’s in marshmallow form.
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make Zero Marshmallows:
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup + 4 TBSP water
- 1/4 cup egg white
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- Round orange sprinkles
- 1 1/3 cups powered sugar
- 1 1/3 TBSP gelatin powder
- 1 Tsp lemon juice
- Piping bag
- Chocolate or food marker
- Store bought pink marshmallows
Here are the directions that you will need to follow in order to make this recipe:
- First, sift the corn flour and the 1/2 cup powdered sugar together until fully combined. Spread the mixture on a parchment paper lined baking tray, then set that tray to the side.
- Then, add 4 tablespoons of water to gelatin powder and mix slowly. Then set that mixture aside as well.
- Add 1/3 cup of powdered sugar to the egg whites. Then beat the mixture until peaks have formed. Then add in the lemon juice and set the mixture aside.
- In a large pot, add 2/3 cup powdered sugar, corn syrup, and 1/4 cup water. Then cook the mixture while lightly stirring until the temperature reaches 245F degrees.
- Now, remove the pot from the stove and add in the gelatin mixture. Mix everything together until there are no lumps.
- Then, add that mixture to the egg white mixture and mix everything until it’s fully combined. Then add the mixture to the piping bag.
- On the prepared baking tray, you need to pipe the mixture in the shape of Zero. Then refrigerate the tray for at least 2 hours.
- Using melted chocolate or a food marker, draw eyes and a mouth on Zero. Dot melted chocolate and top it with an orange sprinkle for the nose and you’re done!