Peanut butter blossoms are an age-old recipe for peanut butter and Hershey kiss lovers. But this cookie is also versatile and can include different flavors of cookies and even different colors. Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 113g) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. red gel food coloring
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup red sanding sugar
- 1 bag Hershey’s Kisses (unwrapped)
Here are the instructions that you will need to follow to complete this recipe:
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Then, beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugar in a stand mixer for about 2 minutes on medium speed. Turn the mixer to low and add in the egg, milk, vanilla, and red food coloring. Mix for about 30 seconds to incorporate, then turn the mixer to medium-high and blend until light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl sift cocoa, flour, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on slow add flour mixture to sugar mixture and beat until just combined.
4. Remove mixer bowl from stand. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Set on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Roll dough ball in red sanding sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. (If want them extra chewy, chill for 10 minutes in the freezer before baking.)
8. Allow cookies to cool to room temperature.