With the weather getting colder, it’s time to break out the hot beverages like hot chocolate. Hot chocolate is also a versatile drink that can be made into desserts. One dessert that pairs well with hot chocolate is actually cheesecake.
Another cool thing about this hot chocolate cheesecake recipe is that you can actually make it many different ways. You can make a no-bake version to enjoy almost as soon as you make it, or you can try the frozen hot chocolate cheesecake version.
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make this hot chocolate cheesecake recipe:
- 300 g Digestives
- 150 g Unsalted Butter
- 750 g Full-Fat Cream Cheese(room temp)
- 75-100 g Whittard’s Hot Chocolate(I used the Christmas one!)
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 150 ml Double Cream
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1 Flake, crushed
- Micro-Mini Marshmallows
Here are the directions to follow in order to enjoy this delicious hot chocolate cheesecake:
For the Biscuit Base
- Blitz your Biscuits to a fine crumb in a food processor, or in a bowl with the end of a rolling pin.
- Melt your Butter, and mix in with the Biscuits.
- Press down into the bottom of your springform cake pan
For the Cheesecake Filling
- Add your Cream Cheese and Hot Chocolate to a large bowl, and whisk until smooth.
- Add in your Double Cream and whisk again till lovely and thick – because of the Hot Chocolate, this happens quite quickly and easily!
- Spread the mixture over the Biscuit Base, and set in the fridge for 5-6 hours, but preferably overnight!
For the Decoration
- Whip together your double cream and icing sugar until the mixture is smooth. The sugar helps stabilize the cream.
- Pipe over your cheesecake, using whatever piping tip you prefer
- Crush a flake, and sprinkle over, and also sprinkle over some micro-mini marshmallows!