Homemade Pepperoni and Cheese Crescent Roll Recipe
These homemade pizza rolls are a great way to experience eating pizza one bite at a time, without devouring a whole pie. Another great thing about this recipe is that the ingredients can easily be substituted, so different types of cheese or toppings can be used for more variety.
- 1 (8-oz.) can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 package mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1 package of pepperoni
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Then get out a baking sheet and set it aside.
- Then remove the crescent rolls from the refrigerator and open the package. Separate each roll from one another and lay out each one as a flat triangle on a cutting board. Form into even triangles if necessary.
- Remove the cheese sticks from the refrigerator and cut them in half to make them shorter on a flat surface.
- Remove the pepperoni slices from the refrigerator and open the package. Carefully place at least three slices of pepperoni on the long edge of the triangle. Repeat until all crescent rolls have slices of pepperoni.
4. Next, place a cheese stick on top of the slices of pepperoni. Repeat until all triangles have cheese sticks.
5. Carefully roll up the crescent roll triangle, long side first, rolling around the cheese and pepperoni and roll all the way to the opposite point. Repeat until all the crescent rolls have been formed. Be careful not to let the cheese and pepperoni fall out during the rolling.
6. Then place the rolls point side down onto the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake the rolls in the oven for at least ten minutes. Wait until the top of the crescent rolls have turned golden brown and the cheese has tried to ooze out of the crescent rolls.
8. Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool at room temperature for a few minutes. Serve immediately while they are still warm.