Attention mint lovers! Here is a thin mint cheesecake you absolutely need to try! Here are the ingredients that you will need to complete this recipe.
- 24 oz cream cheese or vegan cream cheese
- 2 cups yogurt, such as coconut milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup sweetener of choice, such as sugar, maple syrup, or erythritol
- pinch stevia OR 2 tbsp additional sweetener
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, or 1/4 cup almond flour for keto
- 1/4 tsp natural food coloring
- chocolate chips
Here are the directions that you need to follow in order to complete this recipe:
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 350 F. Fill a 9×13 pan halfway with water and place it on the oven’s lower rack. Bring the cream cheese to room temperature.
- With a blender or hand blender, beat all ingredients except the chocolate chips just until smooth. (Don’t overbeat, which would introduce air bubbles that burst while cooking and thus cause cracking.) Add chips if desired.
- Transfer to an 8 or 9-inch springform pan, lined with a crust if desired.
- Bake on the center rack for 30 minutes (9 inches) or 38 minutes (8 inches), without ever opening the oven. Now it is very important that you DON’T open the oven door, but turn off the oven. Leave in the closed oven for 15 minutes. This keeps the baking consistent and keeps the cheesecake light and fluffy.
- Now you can remove the cheesecake, although it will still look underdone, and let cool on the counter for 30 minutes before placing the still-underdone cheesecake in the fridge. Cover only very loosely. (Be sure not to put the cheesecake straight from the oven to the fridge, which would cause it to cool too quickly and crack.)
- Chill at least 6 hours, during which time it will magically firm up to the proper cheesecake texture. Store leftovers covered in the fridge for 3-4 days.