Here are the ingredients that you need to follow in order to make this recipe.
Ingredients for About 28 Crepes
- 190 ml heavy cream
- 190 ml milk
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 35 grams vegetable oil
- 120 grams cake flour
- 2 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 6 tbsp water
- Butter for frying pan
- Matcha powder for dusting
- 360 ml heavy cream
- 105 grams powdered Sugar
Here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to make this recipe.
- Heat milk, cream, and sugar on medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved. Take off heat immediately once the sugar is dissolved, do not bring to a boil.
- Allow milk and sugar mixture to come to room temperature.
- Pour into blender.
- Add egg, oil, cake flour, and matcha powder into a blender.
- Blend until the mixture becomes homogenous. A few pulses should do, do not over blend.
- Pour equal amounts through a sieve into two mixing bowls.
- Let rest for 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
- Immediately before cooking, add 1-3 tablespoons of water into one bowl of the crepe batter to thin it out.
- Heat a pan on low-medium heat, using a pastry brush, coat the pan generously with butter for the first crepe. Pan is ready when the butter sizzles as it hits the pan.
- Using a small ladle, pour batter onto the pan, swirl the batter around until it coats the pan evenly.
- Set timer for 3 minutes. Cook first side for approximately 2 minutes. The crepe will bubble up and once the sides can be picked up with a silicone tong without tearing, the crepe can be flipped with a flat spatula. It will look slightly golden.
- Watch the second side closely. It will cook much faster, about 1 min. Remove from heat before it turns brown.
- Place on a cooling rack to cool before stacking on a plate.
- For subsequent crepes, coat the pan with a very small dab of butter and repeat steps #10-13.
- Once all the crepes are finished (26-28 in total), set them aside and prepare the cream filling.
For the Cream:
- Place a mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer to chill. It will help the cream whip better.
- Place cream in the chilled mixing bowl, then beat it on low speed until the beater starts leaving light tracks in the cream. Add icing sugar.
- Increase speed to medium-high.
- Stop beating when the cream starts to get stiff and turns from glossy to matte. Do not over whip.
Now Assemble the Cake:
- Once the cream is completed, use it immediately.
- Spread a thin layer of cream in between each layer of crepe.
- Place in an airtight container and let sit overnight.
- Before serving, dust some matcha powder onto the top layer with a sifter.
- Cut into 8 slices. Enjoy!