Here are the ingredients that you need to put together in order to make this recipe:
- 4 tablespoons salted butter (¼ cup), softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar , packed
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
Here are the directions that you need to follow in order to complete this recipe:
- For the first step, you need to preheat the oven to 350° F. (177° C). Now, you need to fully combine the softened butter with the brown and granulated sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Beat the butter and sugars together with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until well combined. This process should take at least 3 minutes. You want this mixture creamed well for the best tasting cookies.
- For the next step, you need to add the egg yolk and vanilla and then continue beating the mixture until it’s well mixed and has a smooth consistency.
- In a separate bowl, stir together all of the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the cookie dough batter, about one-third of the mixture at a time, until all of the dry ingredients have been added. Now you need to mix it on low speed until dough starts to form.
- Now, you need to stir in the milk and fold in the chocolate chips. Do this by hand to not crush the chocolate or overwork the batter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking sheet. Scoop the dough using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop and place on baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. The center of the cookies should look slightly underbaked. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.