Bruschetta Filled Avocados Recipe
Bruschetta filled avocados are a fun way to add a new and tasty twist to bruschetta by replacing the bread with creamy avocados. This creamy meal is a great way to utilize ripe avocados and have a filling meal without the use of bread.
- 2 large tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red onion
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1/4 cup cheese
- Prep the filling ingredient by chopping the tomatoes, garlic, onions and basil on a cutting board and then setting those ingredients aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the salt, pepper, tomato, and onion. Toss all the ingredients together until they are well mixed. Put the prepared mixture aside.
- Carefully prepare and half the avocados, removing the seed as well as carefully peeling back the skin from both halves. Next, arrange them on plate as desired.
4. Carefully spoon the tomato mixture from the bowl into the prepared avocado halves on the plate. Use as much filling as desired. Shred the fresh basil leaves and place them within the avocado halves as an additional topping and burst of flavor. Add cheese on top if desired.
5. The final step would be adding a balsamic vinegar of your choice, either store-bought or homemade. A store-bought balsamic can be flavored, so just be careful when choosing to pair it with this rich and creamy avocado bruschetta. Another option would be to create a reduction sauce with balsamic vinegar by cooking it on lo wheat for about 15 minutes.
6. Once the balsamic vinegar has added, the avocados are ready to serve and eat! This recipe is an excellent serving for one person as a meal or a snack, but the ingredients can be increased for full family meals or as appetizers for dinner parties.