Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Donuts Recipe
- 1 can biscuits (any brand)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Remove the can of biscuits from the refrigerator. Then open the can and remove the biscuits, laying them out on a cutting board a few inches apart.
- Use a cookie cutter to carefully cut out the center of each biscuit, making a perfect ring. Don’t press too hard of the biscuit will be squished.
3. Remove the leftover dough balls from the cutting board and place them back in the fridge, or put them in a separate bowl if you want to fry them as well.
4. In a medium bowl, add the sugar and cinnamon together and mix everything well. Use as much sugar and cinnamon as desired, for a varied level of sweetness.
5. Line a baking sheet with paper towels and then set it aside.
6. Get out a medium saucepan. Then add one cup of vegetable oil to the saucepan. Set the mixture to a medium heat and wait about three minutes.
7. One by one, use tongs to place the rings into the saucepan, placing about four in the saucepan at a time. Allow the rings to fry until they are a nice, golden brown color, checking every few minutes. Then flip each ring over and wait until that side is golden brown as well.
8. Once the donuts are finished, use the tongs to place them on the baking sheet to cool. Repeat this process until all the donuts have been fried.
9. Next, melt the stick of butter in a medium bowl. When the donuts have cooled enough to touch, drop them into the melted butter mixture and rotate to completely cover it.
10. Then dip the donut in the cinnamon sugar mixture and cover it completely. Then place it back on the baking sheet. Repeat until all donuts are covered.
11. Wait until cool, serve and enjoy!