Quinoa Salad Recipe
This quinoa salad recipe is a great simple summer salad dish. Using quinoa makes it vegan-friendly, and the elimination of lettuce means that the added ingredients of the salad can be more versatile.
This recipe blends together the smooth texture of quinoa with the crunch of small pumpkin seeds for a more unique tasting experience. Consumers can also choose to use a flavored olive oil to change the flavor of the dressing or make it more versatile for multiple uses.
This quinoa salad would also pair well with a small side of vegetables like snow peas or cooked carrots. The ingredients in this quinoa salad can be doubled or changed so it can become a great appetizer or shared salad for a large group of people. This quinoa salad can be prepared in advance and then refrigerated for up for six hours before being served.
- 1/2 cup salted roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Add the quinoa to a medium saucepan and then add at least 2 cups of water and then bring to a steady boil. Cover the saucepan and cook on a low heat until all the water has evaporated, which should be about fifteen minutes.
- Uncover the quinoa, which should be tender to the touch. Stir the quinoa gently, and then add it to a small bowl and set it cool to the side at room temperature.
3. In a small bowl, combine all of the salt, vinegar, pepper, and olive oil. Stir the ingredients to thoroughly mix everything together, or until the dressing appears smooth as desired.
4. Add the pumpkin seeds, chives and any other desired seasonings to the quinoa. Next, add the freshly made dressing from the bowl and serve immediately.