Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Attention cookie dough lovers! This cheesecake is about to be your new favorite dessert!
- 1 package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, divided
- 4 8-oz. bars cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and make the crust by placing down about 3/4 of the cookie dough into the baking pan.
- For the cheesecake, it is important to bring a deep saucepan full of water to boil. Beat the cream cheese in a mixer until smooth. Add salt and sugar gradually, beating the mixer until smooth, about 3 or 4 minutes. Next, add vanilla and mix for about 30 seconds. Beat in the eggs, 1 minute for each egg. Add the sour cream and heavy cream and beat on a low setting, until the entire mixture is smooth.
3) Pour about 1/3 of the cheesecake mixture into the pan over the cookie crust. Add some chocolate chips to the top of the batter, then add another 1/3 of the cheesecake mixture which should also be topped with chocolate chips. Add the final 1/3 of the cheesecake mixture and then add the remaining chocolate chips.
4) Put the cheesecake in a deep roasting pan and then carefully pour boiling water around the cheesecake pan until the water is about halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan.
5) Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, until the top begins to brown. Prop the oven door open slightly, turn off the heat, and let the cheesecake cool in its water for about 1 hour.
6) Remove the pan from the oven and lift out the cheesecake pan to cool on its own. Once cooled, loosely cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge from a minimum of 4 hours, or until the cheesecake is firm.
7) To make the frosting, beat the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, brown sugar, and powdered sugar. Slowly fold in some salt and chocolate chips.
8) Decorate the top of the cheesecake with dollops of frosting as desired. Carefully cover the sides of the cheesecake with crushed cookies as desired.